The 2020 Land Rover Range Rover is a luxurious large SUV designed for those seeking a combination of an upscale interior, advanced safety features, and excellent off-road capabilities. The Range Rover stands out in its class due to its legendary off-road capabilities and timeless design. Here’s an overview of the 2020 Range Rover and how it stacks up:
What makes it unique:
- The Range Rover is renowned for its off-road prowess, making it one of the best options for those who need a luxury SUV that can handle challenging terrain.
- Its range of powertrains includes mild-hybrid and plug-in hybrid options for improved fuel efficiency and performance.
Changes for 2020:
- The 2020 model year introduces plug-in hybrid powertrains and replaces the base V6 engine with an inline-6-cylinder engine with electric assist.
- The 2020 Range Rover offers five engine options, ranging from a 355-horsepower turbocharged 3.0-liter mild-hybrid 6-cylinder to a powerful 557-horsepower 5.0-liter V8.
- Despite having some of the least powerful standard and available engines in its class, the Range Rover offers a robust lineup of motor options.
- Fuel economy varies, with the 3.0-liter inline-6 achieving around 20 EPA-estimated combined mpg and the 5.0-liter V8 models getting between 15-19 mpg.
- The 2020 Range Rover’s safety ratings from organizations like the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) were not available at the time of the review.
- Key standard safety features include forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking, and lane keep assist.
- Optional safety features encompass blind spot warning, rear cross-traffic alert, a 360-degree camera, traffic-sign recognition, and park assist.
- The Range Rover’s cabin offers a comfortable and luxurious experience.
- It features a wireless smartphone charging pad as an option, ample cabin storage areas, and an expected number of cupholders.
- Cargo space is on the smaller side for the class, with 31.8 cubic feet behind the rear seats and 68.6 cubic feet with the rear seats folded.
- Seating space is limited to five passengers, and it offers less front and rear legroom compared to some competitors that can seat up to seven.
The 2020 Land Rover Range Rover is suitable for drivers who prioritize luxury, off-road capability, and a distinctive design. It’s well-suited for those who may venture off the beaten path while still enjoying the benefits of a high-end SUV. However, it’s essential to consider that the Range Rover offers less cargo space and fewer seating options than some of its rivals in the large SUV segment.
2020 Land Rover Range Rover Velar S
2020 Land Rover Range Rover Autobiography
The 2019 Land Rover Range Rover is a luxurious, full-size SUV that offers impressive off-road capabilities, powerful engine options, and a spacious and well-appointed interior. Here’s a closer look at the key aspects of this vehicle:
- The 2019 Range Rover boasts a clean and timeless design with traditional SUV characteristics like tall windows and a long hood. It features attractive details such as contrast-color side-vent accents, high-tech headlights, and a split liftgate.
- Standard exterior features include automatic LED headlights, signature LED daytime running lights, a hands-free power tailgate, and 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels. Higher trims come with specific accents and larger wheels.
- The cabin of the Range Rover is roomy and luxurious, using premium materials throughout. The dashboard has a structural look, and it features a center stack that flows behind the leather-trimmed upper infotainment screen.
- Standard interior features include leather upholstery, 16-way power-adjustable and heated front seats, tri-zone automatic climate control, and a leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel with wood accents. There are numerous ultra-luxury upgrades available, including heated, ventilated, and massaging seats and a heated steering wheel.
- The 2019 Range Rover offers a range of powertrain options, including a standard supercharged 3.0-liter V6, a turbodiesel 3.0-liter V6, and a supercharged 5.0-liter V8. The new P400e model is a plug-in hybrid with a total output of 398 horsepower.
- All Range Rover models come with an eight-speed automatic transmission and four-wheel drive. The V8 engine can provide up to 557 horsepower and 516 pound-feet of torque.
- Fuel economy varies depending on the engine, with the standard V6 offering an EPA-estimated 17/23 mpg city/highway, and the turbodiesel V6 delivering 22/28 mpg city/highway.
- The Range Rover comes with a comprehensive infotainment system, including a 12.3-inch digital instrument panel and two 10-inch touch screens. It features navigation, mobile Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and a 13-speaker Meridian audio system as standard.
- Standard driver-assistance features include automatic emergency braking, lane departure warning, a rearview camera, and front and rear parking sensors. The vehicle offers several optional driver-assistance measures, including a blind-spot system and a head-up display.
Overall, the 2019 Land Rover Range Rover is a luxury SUV with an elegant design, a well-appointed interior, and various powertrain options. It’s well-suited for those who desire a combination of on-road comfort and off-road capability. Additionally, it provides an array of advanced technology features and offers a high level of customization and luxury upgrades for those who seek a more premium experience.
2019 Land Rover Range Rover Velar S
2019 Land Rover Range Rover 5.0L V8 Supercharged Autobiography LWB