When it comes to buying a certified pre-owned car, few names are as iconic as LA City Car. Known in Los Angeles for providing some of the finest automobiles, LA City Cars takes pride in having the largest selection of pre-owned vehicles, including the Toyota Camry. Our reputation in the Los Angeles area is built on a commitment to transparency, a customer-friendly experience, and consistently exceeding expectations. It’s important to mention that our staff shows remarkable loyalty, with most team members being with us for 15+ years and some for even 40+ years. We’re a family-owned business, and we treat our customers and employees as extended family members. We are grateful for the support of our customers and eagerly look forward to serving our community to the best of our abilities.
Camry remains a global success story, with over 19 million units sold across more than 100 countries over nearly four decades. In the United States and the Middle East, the Camry continued to be a beloved choice. While many Europeans opted for a Ford Focus as the default “car,” the rest of the world continued to favor the Camry.
Camry emerges as a traditional sedan in a sea of crossovers, arriving in a segment that isn’t expanding and directly challenging the market’s current dynamics. The Camry positions itself as a spacious vehicle, nearly as large as a BMW 5 Series, yet more affordable than the BMW 5 Series. It offers only one powertrain option—a self-charging hybrid system similar to the Prius, featuring a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine paired with a CVT transmission. This setup closely mirrors the drivetrain found in the Lexus ES.
In terms of performance, the hybrid-only Toyota Camry doesn’t disappoint. It offers a quiet, comfortable, and economical ride. Owners benefit from an array of features, and the renowned Toyota reliability ensures that these features will stand the test of time.
For over three decades, the Toyota Camry has remained a steadfast presence in the automotive market, consistently ranking as one of the best-selling cars. While sedans have faced a decline in popularity, with SUVs and trucks gaining traction, the Camry continues to shine as a best-seller for Toyota. It offers an attractive combination of affordability, reliability, and durability, making it a dependable choice for those seeking a vehicle to stand the test of time.
However, like any car, the Camry boasts a set of strengths and weaknesses. Over the years, the Camry’s place in Toyota’s lineup has evolved, with noticeable changes in priorities. In this exploration of the Toyota Camry’s pros and cons, we’ll uncover the qualities that make it a worthy purchase as well as its limitations.
What We Love About the Toyota Camry:
1. Legendary Reliability: The Camry has earned a reputation for legendary reliability. It’s the kind of car known to endure for many years, with the average lifespan ranging from 200,000 to 300,000 miles, often lasting 15 to 20 years. According to RepairPal, the Camry boasts a reliability rating of 4.0 out of 5.0, securing the 3rd position out of 24 midsize sedans. Its annual repair cost of $388 is among the lowest in the segment.
2. Good Powertrain Selection: The Camry offers a range of powertrains to suit various preferences. The base model features a modern four-cylinder engine producing 206 hp and 186 lb-ft of torque, delivering smooth performance through an 8-speed automatic transmission. For those desiring more power, a 3.5-liter V6 engine with 301 hp and 267 lb-ft of torque is available, propelling the Camry from 0 to 60 mph in a quick 5.8 seconds. A 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine that generates 208 hp and boasts excellent fuel efficiency powers the hybrid variant.
3. Eye-Catching Style: The Camry has shed its plain and conventional image, embracing a more stylish and edgy design. Toyota’s efforts to refresh the Camry have resulted in a sedan with sharp edges and creases that convey a more athletic and contemporary appearance.
4. Excellent Fuel Economy: The Camry shines in terms of fuel efficiency, with the hybrid version standing out. The hybrid LE trim achieves best-in-class mpg ratings of 51/53/52 mpg city/highway/combined, outperforming many competitors. It offers a strong fuel economy advantage for those prioritizing efficient commuting.
5. Top Marks for Safety Features: Safety-conscious buyers will find the Camry appealing, as it consistently receives high safety ratings from the IIHS and NHTSA. The Camry comes equipped with an array of standard safety features, including lane departure alert, pre-collision system, road sign assist, lane tracing assist, automatic high beams, and dynamic radar cruise control. Higher trims offer additional safety features like blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert.
Should you buy a Toyota Camry?
The Toyota Camry emerges as a top choice for individuals seeking a reliable and long-lasting sedan. It checks all the right boxes for those looking for a dependable daily driver. While it may not be the most exhilarating car on the market, it offers consistent performance and reliability. For those desiring a more engaging driving experience, the Camry TRD variant is available as an option.
The Camry remains a solid choice for those seeking a dependable, efficient, and stylish sedan, with its legendary reliability, range of powertrains, and high safety ratings contributing to its appeal.
Used Toyota For Sale
Location: La Puente, CA
Location: Inglewood, CA
Call For Price
Location: La Puente, CA