The 2019 BMW i3 is a distinctive subcompact hatchback known for its unique electric powertrain, avant-garde design, and rear-wheel-drive configuration, making it a stylish choice among electric vehicles. Here are some key details about the 2019 BMW i3:
- The 2019 BMW i3 stands out with its electric powertrain, making it a distinctive choice in the luxury subcompact segment. Its lightweight construction contributes to spirited and engaging driving dynamics.
- It is approximately 14 inches shorter than the next smallest BMW with a liftgate, which is the gas-powered BMW X2 SUV. The BMW i8, another plug-in hybrid from the brand, is distinct but takes the form of a compact sports car.
- The BMW i3 is unique in the 2019 BMW lineup as the brand’s distinctive electric offering. It’s smaller in size compared to other BMW models and focused on efficiency and electric performance.
- The 2020 BMW i3 comes with a larger battery, providing a 34% increase in range compared to the previous year’s model. New features like mobile Wi-Fi, wireless phone charging, and automatic LED headlights enhance its appeal.
- The 2019 BMW i3 comes with four powertrain choices, offering a range of electric motors and, optionally, a small gasoline generator to extend the electric driving range. Despite its relatively low weight, the i3 provides ample power, resulting in a spirited and agile driving experience.
- The BMW i3 is known for its impressive efficiency, offering a substantial electric driving range and quick charging capability.
- The i3 has received good safety ratings from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Key standard features include a rearview camera and parking sensors, with optional advanced safety features like forward collision warning and automatic emergency braking.
- The interior of the 2019 BMW i3 offers compact storage and seating space, with a significant amount of cargo space for its size. It features a unique and futuristic design.