Rumors of the Dodge Grand Caravan’s death have been greatly exaggerated, as the old van is sticking around at least for the 2020 model year. It’s the cheapest way to get yourself into a new minivan, but before you do, we’d recommend really asking yourself if that’s what you want. The Grand Caravan is, quite literally, from another decade and offers zero driver-assistance features that are commonly standard among its more modern rivals. The same can be said of its infotainment system, which lacks both an intuitive interface and competitive hardware. What the Grand Caravan offers, though, is a handy and hard-working interior with standard Stow ‘n Go second row seats, a durable (read: plasticky) interior, and a bargain price.
The Dodge Grand Caravan GT is a minivan that has been popular for its family-friendly features and versatility. Here are some key aspects to consider:
- Engine and Performance:
- The Grand Caravan GT typically comes equipped with a powerful engine, providing sufficient performance for a minivan.
- The standard engine in previous models was a 3.6-liter V6, offering a good balance of power and fuel efficiency.
- It often features a multi-speed automatic transmission, providing smooth shifts and contributing to overall ease of driving.
- Interior and Comfort:
- The Grand Caravan GT tends to have a spacious and comfortable interior, with seating for seven passengers in three rows.
- Features like leather-trimmed seats, power-adjustable front seats, and a range of available technology options contribute to the overall comfort and convenience.
- Entertainment and Technology:
- Depending on the model year, the Grand Caravan GT may come with a touchscreen infotainment system, offering features like navigation, Bluetooth connectivity, and smartphone integration.
- Rear-seat entertainment systems are common in minivans, providing entertainment options for passengers.
- Safety Features:
- Safety is a priority in family-oriented vehicles, and the Grand Caravan GT typically includes standard safety features like airbags, antilock brakes, stability control, and more.
- Advanced safety features may include a rearview camera, blind-spot monitoring, and rear cross-traffic alert.
- Cargo Space:
- One of the advantages of minivans is their ample cargo space. The Grand Caravan usually has a versatile interior with the ability to fold down seats to expand cargo capacity.
- Driving Dynamics:
- While minivans are not known for sporty handling, the Grand Caravan GT aims to provide a comfortable and stable ride.
|3.6L V6 24V VVT|